The Warn 85900 Portable Winch Kit is a lightweight winch system that can be used with a motorcycle or ATV to pull up to 1,700 pounds a short distance. It has 40 feet of rope, so you can attach it to most things you might need to pull.
This device weighs just 8.5 pounds, so it can easily be carried as you travel on your motorcycle or ATV. It is light weight, but it is also strong, and can be used with a 12-volt battery. While it is designed to be used by small vehicles like a motorcycle, it can be attached to any vehicle that has a battery, or to any stable structure. There is no additional hardware needed, just attach it and pull what you need to pull.
- Weighs 8.5 pounds. Can be carried separately, or wired to your motorcycle or light ATV.
- 1,700 pounds of pulling power, and 40-feet of synthetic rope.
- Easy to use rigging system can be attached to any vehicle or solid structure.
- Winch controls that can be mounted to your handlebars.
- Disc brakes that give greater control.
- Product dimensions: 12.5 x 8.5 x 5.7 inches
Best Things About It
- Lightweight, portable. The Warn 85900 Portable Winch, is as the name implies, portable. It can be attached to your bike and left there, or can be carried in a backpack or side bag easily.
- No extra hardware needed. You can just attach it and use it. This also allows it to be transferred to other vehicles easily.
- Good pulling power. 1,700 pounds is plenty to pull your bike out of a ditch, or to pull other objects of good size easily.
- Hand held corded remote makes it easier to use.
- Options. There is a handlebar mounted control, or you can get the corded remote that is hooked to the winch itself.
- Lifetime manufacturers warranty.
The Not-So-Great Things
- The 40-foot rope allows you about 35 feet of actual pulling power. This puts some limits on what you can do, but it still handles smaller jobs fine.
- The price. It is very good quality and you get what you pay for in most cases, but it isn’t something that will likely be used often.
It’s A Good Choice For:
Getting your bike or ATV out of a jam quickly and easily. There’s nothing worse that getting your bike stuck in a ditch in the middle of nowhere. For people who ride in remote areas and are adventurous, as in going off road, this could be a life saver. It can get your bike or ATV out of a ditch in no time. It is a great device to have around for that reason alone. It can also be used for jobs like loading wood on a trailer. Very good for relatively small jobs. It’s light weight and portable nature make it easy to carry, so that is a plus as well.
It’s Not A Good Choice For:
It is a light weight winch designed for relatively light weight jobs. It is rated at 1700 pounds and does a fine job below that weight. It is not designed for major jobs like pulling cars or yanking stumps out of the ground. If you need a heavy duty winch, get one designed for that purpose.
It is sturdy and well built, but is not designed for every day use. If you need a winch you will be using often, or daily, it might be better to get a more heavy duty outfit.
This is a really nice lightweight portable winch. It is great to have if you like to ride your motorcycle out in the wilderness, or for an ATV for the same reason. It will help you get out of a tight spot, or a ditch. It is also good for moving logs and you can use it to load a small trailer. It is easy to install, so you can keep it on your bike, or carry it in a side back to hook up when you need it. The ease of installation also makes it possible to transfer it to another bike or vehicle easily. This means you need only one, and you can transfer it between your vehicles as needed. We think it is one of the best motorcycle winch options for the money.
Ease of Use
It is a little on the pricey side, but as it is said, you get what you pay for in most cases. Just be aware that it is for relatively light weight work. If you do not try to use it beyond its capacity, it will work well for a long time. Learn more on Amazon.